When planning an important birthday party, there are a few things to keep in mind when deciding on a venue. Choosing the right venue can have a huge impact on the success of the party and means your guests will leave and have a great time. Poor choice of location can have the opposite effect.
The first factor to consider is whether you plan on hosting a party at your home or finding an alternative venue for your party. Usually this will affect the number of people attending and you may find that small family gatherings or parties held solely for close family and friends can be held at home. For larger scale parties, you may need to consider one of the following: –
1. Attending numbers: If your own home is too small to accommodate everyone, you will need to find a place that has enough capacity for everyone to squeeze inside. This can be the case at a children's birthday party with many friends from kindergarten, school, etc. will attend;
2. Location: ensure that the entertainment venue is centrally located and not too far for everyone to travel;
3. Catering: You may have the ability to simply hire a place and organize your own entertainment. This can be a good idea if you want to cut costs. Alternatively, most outlets offer their own catering meal and you can arrange certain packages depending on the price per person;
4. Overnight: It may be a good idea to provide the place with overnight accommodation, especially for an evening function where alcohol is drunk and guests may have traveled the distance to attend. If the place itself does not have accommodation, ensure that there are rooms nearby and provide guests with details when they send invitations so they can book in advance;
5. Health and safety: ensure that the venue is able to accommodate people with disabilities and also possess the necessary certificates for places such as indoor playgrounds; i
6. Fun: If you are renting a ballroom, then make sure it allows you to bring your own party, such as a live band, children's entertainer, toys, etc. Some of the venues may provide entertainment as part of a package, e.g. disc jockey at the hotel.
The place to choose is usually chosen by the age group you will be dealing with. Indoor play centers are becoming increasingly popular for kids' birthdays, until you want them to riot at the hotel.
Choosing the right venue can be a difficult part of the event planning process. Fortunately, there are a number of helpful websites and online resources that can help you through the process and help you find your perfect place for entertaining in the many entertainment venues available.